Eastlawn Cemetery Next

Cemetery

2008 Nov 25

The Pennsylvania Mennonite Church of Harvey Co., KS "was founded by hardy pioneers from Pennsylvania and other eastern states who tamed a virgin prairie while wrestling with inherited traditions and faith, sometime overzealous in conviction on divine truth, but with vision to chart new paths in church program, flexibility to adjust to cultural change, aggressiveness in missions, and unselfish dedication in giving of sons and daughters to Christian service. The work begun and carried on here is perpetuated as the White Stone Mennonite Church. Earl Buckwalter." -- From the plaque at the cemetery. See (1,2) for more of the story.

Pennsylvania Mennonite Church

1886 - 1964


View Larger Map

The church stood beside the Eastlawn Cemetery between Newton and Hesston at what is now the intersection of 60th and West Roads. (3,4)

Church photo from "Whitestone Mennonite Church Sunday Bulletin," 2008 Oct 19, provided by Don Stutzman.

Selected Burial Sites

1   Notes Next