Bowmansville Roller Mill

A National Historic Place
 

Good's Mill

Originally known as Good's Mill, it was the first grist mill in Brecknock township when built by Christian Good (GC3) in the late 1730s on a branch of Muddy Creek near what is now Bowmansville, PA. It stayed in the Good family for three generations until 1846 when it was sold to Henry Von Neida. He rebuilt the mill in 1850 after parts of it were destroyed by a fire.

Today the mill has been restored and is on the National Register of Historic Places.


Von Neida Mill ca. mid 1930's (1)


More research and photos
by Romaine Stauffer. (2)

Notes

1. Chester A. Paes, "Chester A. Paes Papers" in "Lancaster Mennonite Historical Society Archives" (Lancaster Mennonite Historical Society, 2016 Feb).

2. Romaine Stauffer, "Good Family Roots" (35 photos: 2006 May 20). Also www.dgatx.com/family/peo...s/2006/05-20/hs.html (2016 Feb 6).

1   Notes